Wednesday, May 6, 2009

so many exciting things, all rolled into one blog post!!

So I have to apologize, I was a terrible blogger in keeping up with the posts about finding out what we were having, but fortunately facebook and twitter got to keep up... Please forgive me! But I promise you this post will be well worth the wait with tons of exciting news with lots of pictures to go with it!!

On April 20th, I was 22 weeks when we had our ultrasound appointment, and we got to see the baby for almost thirty minutes on the ultrasound screen while the nurse/tech looked at everything. We couldn't get a profile shot of the face cause the baby hid from us the WHOLE time, but it was so great to just watch for so long.

Then the nurse/tech finally showed us an area that she described as what we would see if we were holding the baby's legs up like when you change a diaper, and she pointed the little mouse cursor at a the private parts area, and it was so clear! She asked us if we knew what we were looking at, and I immediately said, "A little girl!" And she confirmed that it was in fact a little girl, and oh my gosh, it took our breath away.

Russ and I both had a few tears while we watched, but I just kept wiping my eyes so that I wouldn't miss anything while we got to look at her. It was like the best movie I had ever seen. The lights were turned out in the room, just like in the theater, and Russ was holding my hand/arm, just like in the theater, and i thought surely they were about to bring me some popcorn and candy... but they didn't...

Anyways, she is forming perfectly normal so far, and the doctor said i was having a pretty easy/normal pregnancy, which we are so thankful for!

Here are several pictures from the ultrasound:

Her toes look EXACTLY like Russ's toes with the second one longer than the first one!






Since then, we have painted her nursery, getting ready for her to "move in" with us. This is seriously like the best new roommate anyone could possibly prepare for...
Mike and Jimmy helped me paint the room, and Russ and I painted her a little message before we put the final coat on top.

The color is absolutely perfect. It is called Lake Marsh. I LOVE it!







And the latest most exciting update since we found out she was a girl, is that I have worried/stressed/prayed/& worried some more about what to name her, cause we literally liked so many different names... but today Russ and I finally decided what to name her!

drumroll please...




Miss. Caedmon Clair Burnett


Caedmon after Russ's all time favorite music group Caedmon's Call, and Clair after his mom's side of the family. (The St. Clair's)
I am so thrilled that I don't have to stress out over her name anymore, and I can actually call her by name, instead of "the baby girl", or "she/her" all the time! And we absolutely fell in love with the name!! So now everyone can head off to the monogram/embroidery shops to get all her stuff personalized!!


I am now 24 weeks, and well over halfway there! Our next appointment is May 18th, so hopefully we will have another good report! Stay tuned for more girly things to come as we get ready to decorate her freshly painted room!

Here is a tummy shot at 24 weeks.

Check out my new facebook album to see all the pictures side by side, to see how fast she is growing! My weekly update said that at 24 weeks, my uterus should be the size of a soccer ball... my ribs are upset about this, believe me.

Thanks for catching up with us, and so sorry again for such a delay in posting! I'll try to do better next time!!

3 comments:

allie bartelski said...

Absolutely LOVE the name! Congrats!

jenny said...

LOVE it! little Caedmon! wow!

Laura V. said...

The color that you painted the nursery is the exact same color green that's the background of your blog!