Sunday, August 30, 2009

things i love: week two

#1
cuddling in bed with you for hours after russ leaves for work in the morning.

#2
the way you completely straighten your legs right before you fart or poop.

#3
how quiet and content you are when you lay on the changing table.

#4
when storm lays so calmly beside you when you're in your bouncer. this is quite a sight to see, because storm is rarely calm, if ever.

#5
holding you in your baby carrier for a walk around the neighborhood, and while I do work around the house and you sleep through it all, even vacuuming!

#6
watching you take a nap on russ's chest when he gets home from work. you both look so peaceful.

#7
having someone else hold you and watch the way they look at you and see how much so many other people love you.

#8
the night that me and russ laid you in the middle of our bed and laughed hysterically about how only two of us can fit in the bed but we could probably fit forty of you on the bed. we actually compared the idea to the "guess how many jelly beans are in the jar" contest.

#9
that russ volunteers to get up with you in the middle of the night on weekends without me asking him to. but I let him sleep anyway, cause he works so hard during the day. he is such a great dad.

#10
simply holding you all the time, and knowing that no one will take you away from me unless I want them to. I always get first dibs cause I'm the mom. (but I do share you often, refer to #7)

1 comment:

jenny said...

i can't wait to see what this list turns into by week 14. . or month 6. . or 8. oh boy oh boy! the fun is truly just beginning. each stage is so precious. glad you guys are picking up on that. : )