Tuesday, June 9, 2009

baby showers and braves baseball.

There have been several things I should have posted about earlier, that way I wouldn't have to roll them all into one post... but unfortunately time did not allow that to happen. So, here are a couple of recent updates from our world!

We had our very first baby shower given by Russ's school on June 1st! It was so much fun, and everyone was so very sweet to us! We had a cute cake, lots of great snacks, and so many people showed up to congratulate us!



We were so grateful to everyone for all the sweet cards/notes/comments, and so very appreciative of all the WONDERFUL gifts! We were surprised at everyone's overwhelming generosity, and left the afternoon smiling so much! It was so great!



This is my sweet husband, and just one of the many presents we received that day for Caedmon. His facial expression here pretty much sums it all up. We were so blessed that day!

Thank you again to everyone at East Paulding Middle School! You are such a huge blessing to our little family!

Now, on to another update:

We got to go to another Braves game last Sunday, and it turned out to be an amazing game.
I know I am not an avid sports fans, but I do love watching the Braves with Russ, and have really enjoyed this season a whole lot. I think it's just cause I bought Russ tickets, so i feel like i have invested something in them, so I find it much more appealing to watch. But Russ is really educating me on all the complicated stuff that I never really knew besides the elementary basics of baseball. Anyways, here is my female, unsports-minded run down of the game...
We got to watch Tommy Hansen pitch for the first time in the major league. Russ was super excited about that. This was his very first pitch.


There were lots of great moments in the game, 2 Homeruns by Chipper, Doubles by McCann & McLouth in the 8th inning to tie the game, and Escobar's single to bring McLouth home for the game winning run!

The turning point of the game in my opinion was McCann's first at bat with his double to bring home Prado. He is my favorite player, so i had to get a picture! This was the play that really got the crowd back in the game after we were down 7-5.


We won 8-7 with Gonzalez pitching to hold off the Brewers in the 9th. It is so fun watching Gonzalez pitch, cause he gets so pumped after he does good.
So that is my version of the game, and I am sure Russ is laughing at how I probably messed up some sports term, or stat... but oh well, I enjoyed the game, and I love going to games where we win!
I forgot to mention the absolute best part about the game, which was the fact that I didn't die being there 29 weeks pregnant for an afternoon game in the hot sun! It was actually very bearable, and I wasn't miserable at all!

Stay tuned for another update soon with some small additions to Caedmon's room!! We are slowly but surely going to finish it before she gets here!

By the way our countdown is now only 75 days till our due date... geez, time is going by so fast... but we seriously can't wait!

1 comment:

Christopher and Brittany said...

So awesome, I just love reading how God is blessing you guys and what is going on in your life. Amazing! Dixi, thanks for letting me go with your husband to a Braves game in a couple weeks. I look forward to hearing more great things from you guys.