Wednesday, June 10, 2009

one thing at a time...

So, like I said, we are slowly but surely getting ready for Caedmon to finally get here... and so far here are the most recent additions to her nursery...

We went to IKEA last Sunday on the way home from the Braves game to pick up a couple of things, and to find some more furniture options. We ended up buying some dark brown wicker baskets, some white curtains, and the CANOPY that i have wanted FOREVER!

Russ stayed up late Sunday night just to hang the curtain rods cause we were both so excited to have something real in the room besides paint on the walls... and here is the finished product! I love the simplicity of her room. I can't wait to complete it!


(He is still refinishing the crib...it is a very time consuming project, and my husband is such an incredibly hardworking man that he doesn't have much time to spare, but I am so grateful that he is doing it, cause I can't!)

And then I "illegally" stood on a chair alone at home to hang this canopy up, cause i finally found the hardware I needed, but I was very careful! It is just too cute to keep it sitting in the closet, and I waited so long to have it, I just couldn't wait any longer!

(And obviously, the crib will go where the crib mattress is laying.)

And here is a picture of the changing table/shelf that Russ and I picked out, and are going to go back and buy from IKEA. It is almost a perfect match to the $10 Crib that we are refinishing! We will put all the brown wicker baskets that we bought on all the shelves for lots of storage!

A huge bonus feature to this changing table/shelf is the fact that after we are finished using it as a changing table, we can take off the front changing table part, and it is just a little bookcase! We also bought some little lights to install underneath the top shelf for a little more lighting in her room!

And so far, that is all we have... but more will come soon (hopefully!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Coming alone so nicely! Can wait to see that baby in that room! I can't wait to kiss that baby!

allie bartelski said...

love the color, so cute!

jenny said...

she's gonna be tellin all the babies at trcc 'wait'll you chicks see my crib'.