Thursday, January 8, 2009

{7 weeks and 5 days pregnant}

So I called this past monday and scheduled an appointment at Northwest Georgia Medical Clinic OB/GYN and I had my first appointment today at 3PM!
My doctor was Dr. Pickens and he was super nice and very friendly, and a little bit funny, but i am not sure if he was just really nerdy and that made him seem funnier, or what...
This was just a brief visit where they confirmed the pregnancy and gave me an estimated delivery date (Ours is August 23rd!) but they tell you that there is a possibility that it may change after the first ultrasound, especially since i wasn't exactly sure of the date of my last period. 

After today's visit it seems really real that we are going to have a baby. Like this past week we were just kinda pretending that i was pregnant, but now it's official cause a doctor said i was pregnant! It is very exciting.

My next appointment is January 20th at 2pm,  and they will do the first ultrasound to hear the baby's heartbeat, and WE CAN'T WAIT! That is only 12 days away, and I am so glad that we don't have to wait forever! Russ didn't get to go with me today, since it was such short notice, but he'll be coming with me on the 20th for the first ultrasound! 

So far, I still haven't gotten any sign of morning sickness, other than the occasional smells that makes me nauseated or a gag or two when i brush my teeth.
I told the doctor i started taking prenatal vitamins, and he said if i felt okay to keep taking them, if not then I shouldn't be concerned about skipping the vitamins, but that i just need to keep eating nutritious meals, and too eat often, especially if i start to get sick later on...
The most annoying part of pregnancy right now is not being able to sleep really well... I love sleep, and I am so tired and exhausted all the time, that sleep should feel great, but so far, I have had a hard time actually falling asleep once i lay down, it takes anywhere from an hour to two hours of tossing and turning in the bed, then once i am asleep i have to wake up in the middle of the night to pee, and then start all over again... so that is definitely my most unfavorite part right now...

The best piece of advice that I have gotten in the past week since we found out was from a 4 year old (almost 5...), Abbey Hankins: You should get contacts before you have your baby so it doesn't pull your glasses off your face all the time.
And the best quote I have heard so far came from the doctor today: Regardless of how you may feel, pregnancy is not a disease.

weight today: 118 (almost 119) *just so i can track it as we go along*

4 comments:

Christy said...

Haha! So much of this is true! Like the "pregnancy not being a disease" part. U may encounter people that sure treat you like it is! And the not sleeping is funny because that may come back around in the last trimester when your belly feels like it will pull you right off the side of the bed! haha! Being pregnant is so much fun though! It really is! I'm glad that you are doing a blog so that I can keep up with you. I know we haven't talked much over the years but I am still very excited for you! And I know you'll be a great mom! I don't know Russ but I suspect that since you married him he will be a great dad too. YAY BURNETTS!! Just think, It's like you have a little side kick with you all the time...and your belly is the side car! haha! I was glad to have Owen out but a little sad too bc then I had to share him with everybody! So just savor these moments cause they are extra special for you....

Christy said...

P.S.- This is so far away...but the latest "dr. quote" that cracked me up was from our pediatrician, who, at my concern over owen's recent food strikes commented, "Toddlers won't starve to death....but we don't know why they don't." haha! The funny part is they feel like they eat 24 hrs a day when you get them and then a couple years later they may not eat at all...crazy kids!

Anonymous said...

ooo...23, that's a great number! thanks for keeping us updated!

Darlene said...

Glad to see you will be tracking, but don't worry too much as long as its not too fast, it may be more than one..... it may be your generation....