Thursday, January 1, 2009

{a baby burnett}


 We're Pregnant!

We weren't necessarily planning on starting a family just yet... we would've liked to start trying towards the end of this year (2009) so we are a little ahead of our own "life schedule", but we are super excited that God decided to change our plans a little. 

After very clear pregnancy symptoms, we found out that we were pregnant the night of December 30, after a couple of negative pregnancy tests earlier that week. We told everyone on Dec. 31, cause we just couldn't contain our excitement. It was wonderful surprising our friends and family, since we weren't trying, it came as a huge shock to everyone, and it was great seeing and hearing everyone's reactions.

According to the due date calendars online, I am 6 weeks pregnant, with an estimated delivery date of August 24th. But i think we'll be able to have a more definite time frame after our first doctor's appointment.

We are obviously very new at being pregnant, so i quickly had to do some research and figure out what we needed to do next... and pretty much my whole lifestyle needs to change. That wasn't very shocking news though... i get small amounts of sleep, i eat one meal a day(maybe), i stand on my feet for 12-14 hours a day... so needless to say, i knew things would have to change drastically!

So the first thing I had to do today was go grocery shopping for healthy pregnant food, because our pantry was stocked with junk. Also, got some prenatal vitamins and started taking those today. I wasn't exactly sure which brand to get, but i knew i needed one with folic acid, iron, and calcium, thanks to my "parent friends" so I decided on One A Day Women's Prenatal. Hope it was a good choice...

Called the doctor to see about scheduling my first prenatal visit, but offices were closed because of the new year, so I will have to call on Monday...

So far, I haven't had any morning sickness, but i am definitely feeling hungry all the time, and feel like i should eat like every 2 hours. Just today, I got to a point where even just thinking about certain foods made my stomach a little queasy, but so far, i haven't actually gotten sick yet. Hopefully it will stay that way...

Anyways, we'll keep posting updates as we go through this pregnancy! So keep reading with us!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! I can't believe it roommate...I'm so excited!!

Anonymous said...

Chris + I are SO excited for you guys!! Thanks so much for calling us with the news. :) Can't wait to read all the updates!

jenny said...

woo hoo!! me & emmett are happy happy for you two. you will be such FUN parents. girl, watch for side affects with those prenatals. if anything funky happens, just take Flintstones for kids. basically the same thing. . and enjoy eating more than 1 meal a day! for pete's sake! if you do get sick, find one thing that makes you feel better & just eat it like crazy. strawberries! yum! : ) congratulations!!

Darlene said...

Just let us know when the morning sickness hits Russ, oh and the labor pains too... just be sure if there is none you get there in time. Unless of course you are planning to have Baby Burnett @ home, not necessarily a bad option. You guys could handle it. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeri Maxedon said...

I was about the say the same thing about the Flintstones vitamins! PLUS they taste so much better! :)

(but don't make any changes til you talk to your doctor because I remember having to take 3 Flintstones to make up for 1 Prenatal...)

Congratulations again, but I am more excited for myself as I finally get to be the spoiling AUNT for a change!

Love ya, sis!

Christy said...

dito on the flintstones dix-pot! But, in case the "vitaminy" grit of those bothers you too, gummy vites worked too (just be sure to eat your leafy greens as well to get a little extra folic acid). And I just now found these blogs of yours and all your pictures of your work...man!...I am so impressed! Everything is soooo cute. And I don't usually read blogs but your's are great!!! I hope everything is going great with the pregnancy!

chelsea {oh, my deer!} said...

no way!!! oh my goodness, all you berry lovelies are knocked up. is there something in the diploma i should be worried about?! ;)

so so so fun. i'm go excited for y'all! keep me updated, love!