Monday, April 6, 2009

20 weeks, new appointments, and kicking babies!

well, it seems as though i will be going out of town (on vacation to corpus christi, texas... without my husband... boo...) so we had to reschedule my ultrasound appointment that was originally scheduled on my birthday the 15th... our new appointment is on April 20th.

And for a very exciting update, I felt the baby actually kick me last thursday. It was in the middle of the night, and russ was already asleep, and i was still awake just laying on the couch on the laptop, and all of a sudden the little thing just kicked me right in the side, TWICE! I ran into the bedroom to wake Russ up, but apparently he didn't remember the next day...
I haven't felt anymore hard kicks but i have felt the little fluttering feeling lots more (right now as I post this as a matter of fact) It definitely tickles a little bit...

I will be posting more pics of the growing baby before I go out of town this friday.

I can't believe I am already 20 weeks, that means I am only 20 more weeks from meeting our very first baby!

And just so we can get some feedback on "the naming process" I thought I would share our thoughts on what we have come up with for the new baby.

We have for sure decided on a boy name:
Grady Jack Burnett.
"Grady" after Russ's granddad, and "Jack" after my Nanny (my grandmom) whose name isn't technically Jack, but it is her life long nickname.

And we are still up in the air about a girl name, we both like Kennedy a lot, we also like Laine for a middle name, and I like Ryann, but Russ isn't really fond of that one. I just can't make up my mind on a girl name...
Let me know what you think! This is going to be their name FOREVER!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Kennedy, Laine, and Ryann!! But I'm also really liking the boy name. I'm not much help. But it will help in a few weeks when you know for sure which gender you will be naming! Can't wait!

Jennifer Jolly said...

I.love.Grady as a name. I also love the Laine part. I knew a girl growing up whose first name was Lainey.
Excited for you all!

erin laci said...

what happened to Jackson instead of Jack?