Thursday, May 21, 2009

(almost) 27 weeks.


so technically, I am not 27 weeks yet, more like 26 weeks and 4 days , but I wanted to go ahead and post cause Russ and I are going to be pretty busy this weekend. But I had to go ahead and put 27 weeks, cause none of the other pictures have had the # weeks + 2/3 mark on them, and it all has to look uniform! So there is my disclaimer that I am not quite yet 27 weeks, but almost!

caedmon is doing great! my last doctor's appointment was this past monday, and everything is going very smoothly. the visit was super short, minus the part where i had to wait an hour for my blood test to make sure i haven't developed gestational diabetes. I will only find out the results of the test if I have a sugar count above 140. But if everything is normal they won't contact me, so I am hoping that the next time i hear from them will be on the day of my next appointment, June 9th.

i have officially gained 20 pounds so far! apparently i am going to be pretty large by the time August gets here...

we finally got a crib for her room, and it is in the process of being refinished as we speak. It is $10 yard sale find by Russ's mom, and it is in great great shape. Russ started sanding it down Tuesday night so we can refinish it. I originally had it in my mind to be white, but I may try staining it dark brown, and if that doesn't work, then we will probably go back to white. So stay tuned for the crib project updates!

here is my adorably sexy handy-man working hard in the garage with his electric sander.


caedmon moves around constantly, and I am now enjoying feeling her move around, cause that is the only way i feel like she can communicate with us right now. I love feeling like she is right there in the middle of everything that I am doing. This sentence may be removed from this post in about a year when i don't enjoy her being in the middle of everything I am doing anymore! But for now, I love it.

i have one more month left at Chick-fil-A, and it is definitely going to be a bittersweet moment in my life. bitter in the fact that it will be very sad to leave such amazing people, and such an amazing place where God has grown me into such a different person, but it will be very sweet because it means I am THAT much closer to holding my baby in my arms, and not having to be completely exhausted from standing on my feet for long long long periods of time! my body just doesn't function as effortlessly as it once did... and 8 hour shifts at work make me realize that more and more.

that is all for now, and thank you so much for continuing to read along with our family! all of these moments will be forever remembered in our minds, and it is so nice to share them with our friends, family, and the occasional stranger that stops by!

please feel free to comment and let us know that you read, it is so nice to find out so many people had been reading that we had no idea about!

6 comments:

allie bartelski said...

Look at that bump! So precious. :)

The Barker Sisters said...

You are looking beautiful! Enjoy all of those moments. They go by so fast, and when you're no longer pregnant you'll miss those little kicks. :)

Jeri Maxedon said...

Aww! Caedmon!!! I miss feeling her kick too! I CAN'T wait to see you guys this weekend!

Ema will probably be attached to your stomach for the duration of your visit...lol

EGWithers said...

I LOVE reading about your little sweet girl! I'm so glad that Caedmon is doing well. Feeling them move is my favorite part! So special and personal. Keep updating, the pictures are great!

Chris Hayes said...

I can't wait to see baby Caedmon, we are so happy for you guys and hope that we can babysit one day, haha. Thanks for the updates and thanks for letting me go to a baseball game with your husband in a month in your place. Much love twin, see you guys later.

The Jones Family said...

I love following your blog! You are such a cute pregnant momma! We are hoping to come to Rome on Sunday and visit everyone- hope to see you!