Thursday, May 28, 2009

dixi + russ = married for 2 years

Russ and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary this past Tuesday, and it was so much fun!

I surprised Russ and took him out to Lake Weiss to have a picnic dinner on the dock, and to go fishing!

He closed his eyes/put my purse over his head all the way from Rome, so he wouldn't know where we were going. I wish I had taken a picture of this, cause it was pretty funny. Anyways, I drove out to a lake house that a friend of ours owns (Thank you so much Tha!), and left him in the car with his eyes closed while I set everything up for us, and then went to get him out of the car.

This is what he saw when he finally opened his eyes:

a Subway picnic on the dock, complete with sparkling white grape juice, and some presents!He was very surprised, and was shocked that he had no idea where we were, cause it was his first time visiting our friend's lake house.

Then we chowed into our fancy Subway sandwiches, and then opened our presents for each other.

Russ bought me a cute little mommy activity book to use with Caedmon when she gets a little older.

And he also got me a super nice sketch pad, an art book, and graphite pencils.
It has been a long time since I have been able to creatively draw, and he figured since I would be at home for a few months before Caedmon is born, that I might find some time to draw again! I was so impressed! It was really great.
Then it was his turn to open his presents.

I designed him a picture and framed it in a frame that has hung empty in our bedroom since we moved into our house over 2 years ago...haha. The background is the vows that I said to him 2 years ago at our wedding with a fancy ornate logo of our last name in the middle.

Then he opened up a new pair of shoes! He has been wanting a new pair for a really long time. I was really nervous that he wouldn't like them, but turns out he thought they were perfect, so I was very glad!

Then we did a little fishing, and Russ was so impressed that I thought of surprising him with going fishing for our anniversary. He smiled a whole lot, and not because I was making him smile for the pictures!
Then I caught the first fish! I was so proud of myself! And I even think Russ might have been more excited than I was that I caught the first one!
We ended up catching 4 fish that night, I caught two and he caught two, It was the perfect night cause we both left completely satisfied with our two catches!
It was a perfect night, the rain let up, and held out long enough for us to have a really great time! Our favorite part about it, was that the fun factor was so high yet the cost factor was so low! (minus the presents that we both splurged on for each other)
Seriously, we spent a total of 8 dollars at Subway, 7 dollars on fishing bait (live minnows), and 3 dollars on Sparkling White Grape Juice. So our grand total was 18 dollars spent on a super perfect evening together. It really doesn't get much better than that!

Our 2 Year Anniversary!
Russell Jay,
I am so proud of where we are 2 years into our marriage. I find more reasons to love you, and respect you every time I turn around. Thank you for making me exactly who I am today because of your love and commitment to me. Thank you for always making me feel beautiful and for providing so much for us. I seriously can't wait to be parents together, and to celebrate 100 more wedding anniversaries with you.
I love you.
-your wife

p.s. next year it is your turn to surprise me with great plans for our 3rd anniversary! ;)
i really enjoy disney world...

1 comment:

sarah said...

that picture of you with the fish needs to be framed. it is spectacularly adorable and hilarious and awesome.

~ sarah