Thursday, July 23, 2009

Shower for Caedmon at Kelly's House

On June 27th, my good friends Kelly, Michelle, and Jordan threw me a baby shower! And it was absolutely fabulous. If you ever want to have a shower/party get Kelly to have it at her house, cause it was so great!

We had SO many great things given to us, but there were just a few in particular just made me smile, cause they were so unexpected and thoughtful.

Michelle (check out her blog) crocheted Caedmon a little blanket, and later told me that she would just sit for hours crocheting and praying for Caedmon. I almost cried. Thank you Michelle.



Here is a little story explaining how thoughtful this next gift is:
My 6 year old niece, Ema, got this little elephant blanket when she was born and for years she carried (still carries) "buddy" with her EVERYWHERE. She always had (has) to have her "buddy." Needless to say with the very frequent use of this blanket/stuffed animal, it got pretty dirty and beat up so her parents bought her a new "buddy," but it just wasn't the same, so Grandmama stitched up the original buddy, and "buddy" got a bath so Ema wouldn't be sad over not having her "buddy." So she had this new "extra buddy" for awhile and when she came to the shower she gave it to Baby Caedmon (that is what Ema calls her right now). Her own handwritten card said:

Baby Caedmon,
This is Buddy. I love you.
Ema

It was such a sweet moment, and I HOPE that one day Caedmon will appreciate what a special gift she got from Ema.

Here is Caedmon's "buddy" trying out her new baby carrier. (Thanks Cindi!)



I am so thankful to have such a unique church/area with GREAT ladies to do GREAT things for me and russ. There is never that awkwardness where people you barely know get together for something formal and uncomfortable in a stark white fellowship hall. It is just good people who love Jesus and love hanging out, and love being sweet, generous, and friendly. All these ladies are seriously so wonderful to me, and I couldn't be more blessed.

click on the picture to make it bigger!


And one more picture just to show how loved Caedmon is already! Chloe, Abbey and Ema just wanted to hold/touch/hug her all day long! Unfortunately Caedmon was a little too shy (or maybe overwhelmed) to move around when they were "holding her."


1 comment:

Amy Young said...

Aww it looked like alot of fun, I'm sorry I missed it! I Love you guys!!