Tuesday, August 11, 2009

fabric is my new best friend.

okay, i am fully aware that it is 1:00 in the morning, but apparently sleep is overrated when you are over 38 weeks pregnant. so instead of unsuccessfully trying to sleep tonight, I made some craft projects! I was overly inspired by "getting prepared" for our Young Moms group that will start back up in September. I am in charge of leading a craft project during each meeting for the girls that come to our group... i'll explain more about this great organization later...
Anyways, I was just too excited about how these projects turned out, that I had to get online and blog about them... and the fact that I can actually USE these excites me even more! This is the first year that I will have my very own child, rather than trying to brainstorm easy craft projects that "moms" can use...

so here they are:

two crafts that we will be assembling over the next year at Young Moms!

a trendy diaper wipes case


complete with a button embellishment


I see these things all the time at arts & craft shows, and people charge like $15-20 dollars for them! I only paid $1.50 for the case (with wipes!), and I already had the fabric and ribbon laying around... man, i love a deal.

and we will also be making this:

a fabulous notebook cover

it is just a composition notebook that i got from staples, covered with mod-podge, then fabric, and then i hot glued the ribbon on...



I seriously think this notebook cover only took about 7 minutes to make... and most of that time was me just waiting on my hot glue gun to heat up... super easy.

Okay, i'll admit that i really didn't want to go to the store (i even made Russ do the grocery shopping tonight) which is why both of these are made out of the same fabric... but I really love this fabric, so i could probably make a million things out of it! and maybe i will.

so there you have it. fabric is my new best friend. hope you enjoy looking at these as much as i enjoyed making them!



and for everyone who reads this blog and has been WAITING for pictures of the finished nursery, they will be here starting TODAY!!!
I have decided to highlight a different thing every day this week, so by the end of the week, you will have seen all the greatness there is in Caedmon's room... minus Caedmon of course... unless she decides to come this week!

okay, i think i will try some sleep now,
goodnight you princes of maine, you kings of new england.
(that line was just for russ...)

No comments: