Friday, September 25, 2009

things I love: week five

sorry this is coming to you guys a little later than it was supposed to... i have no excuse.

things I love: week five

#1
the way you sometimes cross your feet when you are sleeping.

#2
when me and russ just say "I love her." out of the blue... it's like we get overwhelmed sometimes about how great you are and just have to express it out loud.

#3
that I make up new songs all the time to sing to you. they are really silly songs, about the laundry or about how gross your diaper is, or about going to sleep. they aren't good at all, but I'm pretty sure you like them...

#4
when you grab hold of my shirt with your tiny little fist while I am holding you or feeding you.

#5
that I find myself daydreaming about what our life will be like in the future with you... playing dress up together, or all of us going to the zoo, or taking family vacations, or simply packing your lunch for school.

#6
that while i was vacuuming, daddy picked you and your bouncer up while you were sleeping so that I could vacuum underneath you and you never even flinched!

#7
that I have several nicknames that I call you: baby, baby girl, my little russ, stink pot, turtle, and probably many more to come...

And we wanted to share a few milestones with everyone.
First: Caedmon smiles... not a full blown smile yet, but it is definitely a response to us talking and smiling at her rather than just gas! she does it the most when she wakes up in the morning and I'm just talking to her, and she does it when russ holds her a lot.
Second: Her umbilical cord FINALLY fell off today! When we woke up this morning it was just barely hanging on by one tiny stringy thing. (I know that sounds kinda gross, but that is the only way I could think of to describe it...) Anyways, then after dinner tonight i unwrapped the blanket she was in and lifted her shirt to check it and it was just laying on her belly! I was so excited that I screamed out, "It fell off!" and russ ran in the room thinking something was wrong... he was kinda mad, haha! But I am just so excited that we get to look at her little belly button, take real baths instead of sponge baths, and now i don't have to worry about accidently ripping it off when her clothes are over it, or when she's laying on her stomach...
And our last milestone: we are moving up a diaper size from newborn to size 1!

I really do want to apologize to our faithful friends and family who keep up with us through our blog, I promise we will update more often with posts and pictures! But everyday is filled with fun, friends, family, feeding, fixing food, folding clothes, and fussy babies (only sometimes) and blogging starts with a "b", not an "f", so it's not a top priority! haha, just kidding... I really will do better!

No comments: